The Terms and Conditions contained herein shall apply to any person (User) using the series of SBN. Each User is therefore deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- In order to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, or court order, or any other judicial scrutiny, or
- If any of User’s actions on SBNwebsite violate the Terms of Service or
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the security, integrity of SBNWebsite / Offerings.
The User agrees that, to the extent required or permitted by law, SBN may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with security related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of co-operating with authorities or complying with legal requirements and that:
- The User agrees that any communication sent by the User vide e-mail, shall imply release of information therein/ therewith toThe User agrees to be contacted via e-mail on such mails initiated by him/ her.
- In addition to the information already in the possession ofSBN that may have been collected from the User in the past, by entering the details on Website, the User consents to the terms of SBN andcontinued use of previously collected information. By submitting the User’s personal information to SBN, the User will be treated as having given his/her permission for processing the User’s personal data as set out herein.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that his/ her information will be managed in accordance with the laws for the time in force.
- The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at SBN. We use your information to assist in handling orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our platform, and communicating with you.
Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses SBN. We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
We may be required to share the aforesaid information with government authorities and agencies for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection or investigation, including of cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. You agree and consent for SBN to disclose your information, if so required, under applicable law.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as Recommended for You, personalised advertisements on other Web sites and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
SBN gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with SBN for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such SBN features as Your Profile, Wish Lists, Customer Reviews etc.
- When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy or grievances at SBN please contact us, with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
SBN – Oct 2019